A carpet not only makes your home cozier but it is also an excellent decoration. However, dust and filth accumulate or any drinks fall into the carpet will make the carpet dirty and create stains on it. You may think of cleaning the carpet with soap but it may not work in some cases. Sparkling and Beyond will guide you on what is the best homemade carpet cleaning solution.
How often should you clean the carpet on your stairs?
The homemade carpet does not require a daily or weekly clean unless it is placed in a high traffic density area. If any stains or visible dirt appear on the surface of the carpet, it should be cleaned as soon as possible. The longer you leave the stains and dirt on your carpet, the more stubborn they will be.
Why should you buy a good homemade carpet cleaning solution?
A carpet is often made of soft and absorbent fabric so it can absorb any spilled liquid, dust and other filths. Even if the carpet is vacuumed regularly, it still becomes dirty because of dust or scattered food and drinks. Besides, choosing a good carpet cleaning solution will definitely help you tackle any of these problems without damaging the carpet’s fabric.
What is the best carpet cleaning solution for most stains?
There are hundreds of types of good carpet cleaning solutions which can be found in the grocery store so it may be difficult for you to find out what is the best homemade carpet cleaning solution for you. Each type of solution works in different ways but they are divided into three main types which are suitable for different cleaning purposes:
- Carpet Cleaning Foams: They are the most popular kind of carpet cleaning solutions as they clean the carpet by chemical reactions and do not demand manual scrubbing. When the foam is applied, it will dissolve any dirt, or stain, and become foamy after an hour. When we remove all the dirty foam by vacuuming, the carpet will definitely be clean. These kinds of solutions are the best cleaner liquids for your carpet if it is placed in a high-traffic area as the way to clean is easy-doing and effective.
- Carpet Cleaning Sprays: Spraying solutions are perfect treatments for stubborn stains as they provide a deep cleaning reaction that can remove even the toughest stains and dirt. They can be made naturally, by mixing some pantry ingredients, or artificially, often called carpet shampoo.
- Carpet Cleaning Wipes: Wipes are convenient for immediate cleanups when a liquid is accidentally spilled onto the carpet. With a quick cleaning, this kind of solution will help you to remove the liquid before it can settle or turn into a stain.
In short, a stained carpet can be best cleaned up by carpet cleaning sprays. However, if you use a carpet cleaner or carpet vacuum, using carpet cleaning foams is the most suitable one. For quick cleaning, carpet cleaning wipes are the best carpet cleaning solution for recent spills.
Best carpet cleaning solution for steam cleaning
Steam cleaners consist of a pump and vacuum which is powerful enough to clean large carpets. Additionally, steam cleaners can connect with a variety of carpet cleaning attachments, such as a wide cleaning wand, a spot steaming attachment for spot stains, and a hose which is responsible for sucking away wastewater and any applied carpet cleaning solution.
Normally, a steaming carpet cleaner uses high-temperature steam to clean dirt and disinfect germs on the carpet. However, relying only on water steaming may make it hard to remove all the deeply settled stains. Therefore, adding some carpet cleaning solution into the steaming water before cleaning will increase the cleaning ability of the steam.
For steaming cleaning, we advise you to choose a kind of carpet cleaning spray which is naturally made. Here is the recipe:
- 1/2 gallon vinegar
- 1/2 gallon hot water
- Essential oils (This material helps deodorant the vinegar scent)
Combine all of the above ingredients in a mixing bowl. Then, use this solution to vacuum your carpets. This solution is completely natural and will all vaporize after cleaning so it won’t cause any harm to your beloved ones.
How to clean a carpet without machines
Having a carpet cleaner is an advantage in cleaning the carpet but not everyone has the funds to buy one. If you cannot afford to have a carpet cleaner/vacuum, we advise you to choose one of the manually cleaning carpet methods below:
- Clean Carpet on Stairs With Vinegar
- A Bucket (which can contain 2 – 3 liters of water)
- Warm water
- White vinegar
- Essential oil (optional)
- Sponge or brush
- Spray bottle
Step 1: Mix vinegar and water at the ratio of 50 – 50 and add some essential oil. Then pour the solution into the spray bottle.
Step 2: Spray the solution onto the carpet. Do not spray too much solution since the carpet will take more time to dry.
Step 3: Make your room well-ventilated so that the carpet can dry faster.
- Clean The Carpet On Stairs With Baking Soda
- Baking soda
- Warm water
- Spray bottle
- A small bucket (which can contain 2 – 3 liters of water)
Step 1: Make a solution with a bucket of warm water and 1/4 cup baking soda. Although baking soda will dissolve into the water to create a solution, do not add too much baking soda or else you will need to vacuum the carpet to remove the excess amount. Then, pour the solution into the spray bottle.
Step 2: Spray the solution onto the surface of the carpet. Leave the solution in a few hours so that it can clear all the stains and dirt.
Step 3: Dry the carpet and finish the work.
- Clean the carpet with laundry detergent
- A bucket (which can contain 2 – 3 liters of water)
- Dishwashing liquid detergent
- Cleaning brush
Step 1: Mix a bucket of water with 1/2 cup of dishwashing detergent liquid. Then, pour the solution into a spray bottle.
Step 2: Spray the solution onto the surface of the carpet and scrub it.
Step 3: Rinse the carpet using cold water and scrub again. In case the carpet is too wet after the first cleaning steps, use a dry towel instead.
Carpets are like other home appliances which always require a certain level of cleanliness and salubrity. In fact, many people feel discouraged when they search for what is the best homemade carpet cleaning solution since there are many kinds of carpet shampoo and cleaners or vacuums. Apart from the carpet, Sparkling and Beyond has many cleaning tips and hacks for common home appliances such as Bathtub, Ninja Coffee maker, Frigidaire Oven, etc, along with a range of Housing Cleaning Services. If you are too busy to clean your carpet or any corner of your house by yourself, immediately contact us for professional cleaning services.