Microwave ovens have become an evitable kitchen appliance in every modern home. With this spectacular appliance, all your leftover food can be reheated in minutes, and preparing desired dishes with flawless accuracy of taste would no longer be a difficult task. However, like anything else, these must-have kitchen items aren’t perfect. They can quickly harbor spills, stains, and unpleasant odors if they are used frequently.
Of course, eliminating spills, splatters in these electronic appliances could be done easily with some chemical cleaning products. But not all of us are fans of using chemicals in our homes. If you are looking for a cleaning product for your microwave that will effectively work but won’t leave dangerous chemicals behind. This article is for you. In this article, we are gonna share with you some easy-to-follow tips to clean a microwave naturally and safely.
1. Clean a microwave with vinegar:
There is a wide variety of effective ways and cleaning products available to clean a microwave but vinegar is eco friendly, easy-to-find, and inexpensive. Vinegar’s acidity allows it to tackle all sorts of hardened spills and get rid of stuck-on splatters with minimal effort. Before you begin cleaning your microwave with this easy to find ingredient, you’ll need the following tools:
- A small microwave-safe bowl,
- A sponge
- A clean dry dish towel
How to clean a microwave with vinegar
- Step 1: Pour about 2 cups of water and 2 tablespoons of vinegar into a microwaveable bowl.
- Step 2: Place the bowl in the microwave and run the microwave on high power for 5 minutes so the liquid reaches to the boil.
- Step 3: Once the time is up, do not open the door right away. Let it stand for 4 -5 minutes to loosen the burnt-on food grime.
- Step 4: Open the door and carefully take the bowl out with oven mitts. If your microwave has a turntable, gently remove it as well.
- Step 5: Take a sponge, dip it into vinegar-water mixture and then wipe out your microwave, both inside and out. If you took the turntable out, wipe it down with your sponge and put it back in.
2. Clean a microwave with lemon:
Thanks to high natural acidity, lemon is recognized as an effective all-purpose natural cleaner. With its antibacterial and anti- fungal properties, stinky odors and greasy splatters can be dislodged completely. You’ll need the following cleaning tools below before giving your microwave a natural cleaning treatment with this magic ingredient:
- a small microwave-safe bowl
- a lemon
- a clean dry dish towel
So how to clean a microwave with a lemon ?
- Step 1: Pour half a cup of water into a microwaveable bowl.
- Step 2: Slice the lemon in half, squeeze its juice into the bowl and then drop both halves in as well.
- Step 3: Put the bowl in the microwave and set the time for about 3 minutes or until the liquid boils.
- Step 4: Leave the bowl in the microwave for another 5 minutes to allow acidity from lemon and steam from the water to dissolve stubborn food stains.
- Step 5: Carefully remove the bowl from the interior of the microwave oven and then wipe down the microwave with a wet cloth bathed in clean water and dry with a soft towel.
- Step 6: Wipe down the sides, door, bottom and top of the inside of the microwave with a clean dish towel, being sure to avoid getting any liquid in the vents.
3. Clean a microwave with baking soda
Baking soda is another ideal cleaning agent for your microwave as it has proved its great ability at eliminating unpleasant aromas, removing built-up baked on food and cleaning appliances. On top of that it’s available, inexpensive, and environmentally friendly, making it an excellent substitute for any other harmful cleansers you could have around your house. Here are instructions you can follow to clean a microwave with baking soda.
- Step 1: Preparing your cleaning mixture by mixing two tablespoons of baking soda and a cup of water in a mircrowave safe bowl.
- Step 2: Place the bowl of baking soda mixture in the dirty microwave and let it run for 5 minutes on high power so the liquid comes to a boil.
- Step 3: Once the time is up, let the mixture sit in the microwave for a few minutes with the door closed.
- Step 4: Open the door, put gloves in hand and carefully remove the soda-water bowl out of your microwave.
- Step 5: Finally, wipe off your microwave with a damp cloth towel, especially grooves, panels, and other difficult-to-clean areas.
4. Clean a microwave with Clorox wipes:
When it comes to cleaning a stinky, greasy microwave oven, you normally assume that Clorox wipes have nothing to offer but actually they do. However, they need to be used in conjunction with one of those cleaning products mentioned above to maximize the effectiveness of cleaning and disinfecting. All you need to do is to follow exactly the cleaning instructions with three different ingredients outlined above, but at the last step, instead of using a dry clean towel for wiping, wipe off your microwave with Clorox wipes to make your oven not only clean but also hygiene.
Repeat this process at least once a week to keep your microwave oven free of germs, bacteria and contaminants that can damage your food and threaten your health.
Note: Before you clean a microwave with Clorox wipes, read the label carefully to ensure that they do not contain any components that could cause an allergic reaction on your skin.
Let Sparkling and Beyond clean the kitchen for you
We hope that you get enough useful how- to-guides to clean a microwave naturally through this article. Cleaning and deodorizing your kitchen goods might not take a lot of time but after a long working day, it may be the last thing any homeowner wants to do. So if you have a busy workload and just want to get some rest at the end of the day, just leave the dirty work for us.With well-trained staff and specialized cleaning solutions, Sparkling and Beyond will make your kitchen sparkling again. Visit our website to get more practical cleaning tips or you can contact us to book a cleaning service today !