After a period of usage, every microwave oven will be smelly, unpleasant, and not as clean as it was. So how to clean the microwave effectively? Many individuals just use a moist towel to remove apparent spots in the microwave. However, simply utilizing water for sanitary purposes is not enough. Bacteria, persistent oil, and food odors have not been entirely eradicated. Today, Sparkling and Beyond will give some tips for cleaning your microwave effectively while saving as much money as possible.
How often should a microwave oven be cleaned?
Each household’s cleaning routine is different depending on how frequently the microwave is used. However, like other kitchen equipment, you should clean the oven at least once or twice a month to prevent germ development and avoid food poisoning. So stay tuned to the following article to know how to clean your microwave properly.
How to clean the inside of the microwave?
Clean the inside of the microwave with white vinegar
White vinegar has antibacterial and deodorant properties. To easily clean the inside of the microwave, simply do the following steps:
- Take 1/2 bowl of water, add 1 spoonful of white vinegar, and place the bowl inside the microwave oven.
- For 5 minutes, preheat the microwave oven. The cooking time is reduced by around 2 to 3 minutes if the microwave oven is set to high power. In this way, the white vinegar solution will evaporate and flake the stubborn stains that have adhered to the oven.
- After 5 minutes, turn off the oven, remove the mixture from the bowl, and carefully wipe the inside of the oven compartment with a clean cloth to remove the stains.
Clean the inside of the microwave with dishwashing liquid
Mix dishwashing liquid and clean water to make a microwave cleaning solution. Soak a cloth or a sponge into the solution before squeezing it anditand wipe all over the microwave walls. Keep in mind that heavy stains, which are difficult to remove, must be properly wiped away.
After wiping the inside of the microwave with dishwashing liquid, wipe it with a clean dipping cloth once or twice to ensure that all of the soap residue is cleared. You can either let the microwave dry naturally or use a dry towel to re-dry it. Finally insert the swivel disc back into the oven.
How to clean the microwave outside?
You can still clean the exterior of the microwave using the dishwashing solutions you used before with a wipe or sponge. Alternatively, you may clean using a 1:1 aqueous vinegar solution. Make sure to thoroughly wipe any grooves, panels, and difficult-to-clean areas.
Clean microwave door with glass cleaner
- Glass cleaner.
- Warm water.
- Clean towels.
- Step 1: Prepare a 1:1 combination of warm water and glass cleaner.
- Step 2: Soak a soft towel in the aforesaid liquid for 5 minutes and arrange it in the needed cleaning positions.
- Step 3: Clean the microwave door, rotating plate, the bottom of the oven, the oven walls, and the vents using a soft cloth that has been soaked in the mixture and dried.
- Step 4: Finally, wipe the oven with a wet cloth bathed in clean water and dry with a soft towel.
How to clean the microwave smell?
Deodorize the microwave to clean it
Make a deodorizing solution by combining 2 cups of water in a microwave-safe basin and squeezing a lemon into the water. After squeezing the lemon peel, place it in a dish of water and swirl with chopsticks. If you don’t have any lemons on hand, you may use orange juice, jam, or vinegar.
Boil the deodorizing solution in the microwave: Place the bowl of squeezed lemon juice in the microwave and set it to high for 2 minutes. When the solution is boiling, it will fill the entire oven space with the perfume of lemon, which will help deodorize it efficiently.
At the end of 2 minutes, you still leave the microwave, do not open the oven door immediately, leave it for 15 minutes for bacteria and food odors to be completely eradicated. Remember to carefully lift the bowl of lemonade when done to proceed to the next cleaning step.
Using coffee to clean the microwave smell
- 2 teaspoons of coffee powder
- Clean water,
- clean glass.
Steps for Implementation
- Step 1: Place 2 teaspoons of coffee powder in a large microwave-safe cup, followed by more than half a cup of water.
- Step 2: Place the cup in the oven and cook it for 5 minutes (in heating mode) until it evaporates.
- Step 3: To eradicate undesirable odors, continue to keep the cup in the oven and incubate for about 10 minutes after turning off the oven.
- Step 4: Clean the stains that have been removed with a towel, then completely clean with water and dry with a soft towel.
Note when washing and cleaning the microwave
Do not use a harsh bristle brush since it will leave scratches in the oven and cause the plaque to cling more tightly to the scratches, resulting in a loss of aesthetics. You could use an old toothbrush to scrub the microwave, which would be a better fit!
After wiping, the microwave oven will have the typical scent of baking soda. If you don’t like the scent, you can mix some dishwashing liquid into the water. Dip the mixture with a towel to wipe away the baking soda. Finally, clean the dishwasher with a damp cloth and wipe off the dishwashing liquid mixture inside.
Sparkling and Beyond hopes to provide readers with relevant knowledge about how to clean the microwave through these shares. To clean up your powerful side of the cooking frenzy, use the microwave cleaning techniques provided above!
When it comes to keeping your house clean, it can sometimes feel like everything is working against you. So, if you’ve found yourself captured in a never ending nightmare of house cleaning, Sparkling and Beyond are here to help!
We offer our customers different packages: Standard cleaning, Deep cleaning, move-in cleaning, move-out cleaning etc. to help customers solve their home cleaning problems in the most effective and customized way! If you want to know more about each of our cleaning packages, don’t hesitate to visit our website sparklingandbeyond.com or call us at 415-966-1101.