We all know that the importance of a healthy and clean workplace can not only ensure the employee’s health, improve productivity but also give a great impression to your company’s clients. Therefore, before you open your business again, make sure that you clean your office well. One of the first things that needs to be done is purchasing your office cleaning product. This is not an easy task to choose the right things. To support you, Sparkling and Beyond gathers some favourite products in the Ultimate Checklist for Office Cleaning Supplies.
Things to do before office cleaning
- Decide how often do you clean your office
- Read the cleaning supplies list below to consider what is necessary
- Make sure you have essential office cleaning product
- Hire an Office Cleaning Agency to look after your office if needed
Office cleaning supplies list
Our office cleaning checklist will start with the essential and standard products. These things are necessary for every building such as homes, rental properties, offices or schools, etc.
- Vacuum Cleaner
- Broom and dustpan
- Trash bags
- Dust towels and brushes
- Multi-surface cleaner
- Floor cleaning solution (if you don’t have, use vinegar dilution instead)
- Glass cleaner (window cleaner)
- Bathroom cleaner
- Kitchen cleaner
- Mold and mildew cleaner
- Wood polish (if your office has some wooden surfaces)
- Baking soda
- Soap, dish soap, hand soap
- Rubber Gloves
- All-purpose stain remover
- Cleaning Supply Cart
- Stainless Steel Cleaning Power
- Multi-purpose bucket
- Window kit
- Disinfectant wipes
RELATED: Office Cleaning Services
Office cleaning checklist for different parts of your office
Cleaning checklist for offices and meeting rooms
- Wipe dust on telephones, computer parts, furniture and other hard surfaces of your office.
- Clean the dust on windows and window blinds.
- Get rid of dust and dirt on the floor with a vacuum cleaner, mop or broom.
- Clean the heating, air-conditioner and ventilation.
- Organize the office space.
Cleaning checklist for kitchen and lunchroom
- Get rid of all the leftover things in the fridge.
- Clean the refrigerator before putting new food and drinks into it.
- Wipe and disinfect the surface of the dining tables.
- Take out the trash.
- Disinfect the bins.
- Wash dirty dishes and dry them.
- Clean and disinfect sink.
- Clean the coffee maker.
Cleaning checklist for bathroom or washroom
- Clean and disinfect the toilet seat.
- Clean and disinfect the sink.
- Clean mirrors and reflective surfaces.
- Replace toilet paper, hand soaps, towels.
- Clean and disinfect the floor.
Office Cleaning Schedule: How often should we clean?
Having an office cleaning schedule helps you divide your cleaning tasks and ensure that every work related to cleaning is all done.
From daily cleaning to weekly cleaning and monthly cleaning, you can keep your office safe, tidy and hygienic.
Daily Cleaning Tasks
Daily cleaning should be a quick run that supports the smooth run of all tasks around the office. It is very important to do these daily cleaning tasks to keep your office clean and hygienic.
Daily cleaning tasks can include:
- Clean the floor everyday to get rid of the dirt
- Clean the hard surfaces to get rid of dust
- Clean glass and window to make them clear
- Wipe and disinfect the doorknobs, light switches, fridge handles and other different high-contact surfaces
- Take out the trash at the end of everyday
- Insert new trash bags
- Clean and disinfect the tabletops and counters
- Take out any dishes left in the kitchen and lunchroom
- Clean and disinfect the toilet seat and sink
- Clean mirror in the bathroom and toilet
- Fulfill the hand soap
- Replace the toilet paper and hand towel
- Clean and disinfect the toilet floor every day
Weekly Cleaning Tasks
Weekly cleaning tasks are deeper and longer cleaning activities than daily cleaning tasks. To create a healthy workplace, you should carry out these processes weekly:
- Clean dust on all lamps, hard surfaces and computers
- Discard any leftovers in the fridge
- Clean and disinfect the inside of fridge
- Disinfect trash bins and replace liners
- Clean mats and carpet all around the office
- Clean and disinfect desks and tables
- Mop hard or tiled floors
- Wipe the glass surfaces (both interior and exterior)
- Clean any walls having visible markings
- Polish any brass on doors, drawers, cabinets, etc.
Monthly Cleaning Tasks
Monthly cleaning tasks are tasks which are usually ignored when doing daily cleaning tasks and weekly cleaning tasks. These tasks don’t require to be done often, just doing once a month is fine.
- Wash window cover
- Get rid of unnecessary files and paper
- Clean debris stuck in vents
- Clean materials of furniture
- Disinfect high-touch places like ceiling fans, high window points, etc
- Declutter office spaces
FAQs about the Ultimate Checklist for Office Cleaning Supplies
- Q: Should I hire an Office Cleaning Agency to clean my office?
A: Sure. There are many advantages when using Office Cleaning Service. You can read more details in the post: How Office Cleaning Services Support a Return to the Workplace on Sparkling and Beyond website.
- Q: What supplies do I need for cleaning business?
A: The essential things are microfiber cloths, glass cleaning cloths, towels, broom and dustpan, mop and bucket, vacuum cleaner and multi-surface cleaner.
This post has provided some useful information about the Ultimate Checklist for Office Cleaning Supplies.
You may not realize that there are various types of products and each product is used for a specific purpose.
Are you looking for Office cleaning Service?
We hope that this checklist will help you decide what you need to clean your office effectively. If you need more helpful information and tips about office cleaning, please visit our website: sparklingandbeyond.com.
Founded in 2016, we became one of the leading providers of residential and commercial cleaning solutions in the United States. Contact us now!