It will be tough to prevent the phenomena of grime and grease from sticking to your kitchen cupboards after a period of usage to cook meals. If you don’t clean your kitchen cabinets on a regular basis, stains will develop and become tough to remove. Furthermore, grease stains detract from the cabinet’s appearance, leading it to discolor fast. Not to mention the chance that these stains will cause moisture, mildew, and cabinet damage over time. So how to clean the kitchen cabinets? Here are the best ways to clean kitchen cabinets you should know to keep your cabinets clean and shiny.
How to clean the kitchen cabinets from grease
- With milk
Milk, in addition to its health advantages, can also easily clean grease and oil from both industrial and natural wood kitchen cabinets. Simply massage a soft cloth soaked in milk (sugar-free milk) over the cabinet’s surface, then wipe it clean with a dry towel to remove the oil and mold stains.
- With vinegar
Combine 100ml white vinegar with 2 liters of warm water, then dip a soft cloth into the mixture. Wipe the interior and external surfaces of the kitchen cabinets after squeezing out the water. This technique can eliminate stains rapidly and restore the shine to kitchen cabinets.
- With baking soda
If your wooden kitchen cabinets are excessively oily and tough to clean with typical methods, baking soda might be a useful cleaning aid. Baking soda powder may be used in a variety of ways, including cooking, cleaning, and bleaching garments. As a base, baking soda dissolves organic compounds like dirt, grease, and other sticky icky. In addition, the mineral structure of each baking soda particle provides a gentle abrasive to clean without leaving scratches behind. So how to use baking soda to clean the kitchen cabinets from grease?
- To begin, evenly distribute baking soda on a clean cloth.
- Then rub it all over the kitchen cabinets’ surfaces.
- After that, wipe it down with a dampened clean towel.
- Finally, dry the cabinet with a dry towel. All stains and grease will be readily removed with this method.
How to keep clean grimy the kitchen cabinets
How to clean grimy kitchen cabinets and limit stains on them? To keep your kitchen cabinets always beautiful and prevent stains from sticking to its surface, you can refer to a few tips below:
- Use grease shields: Use grease-proof stickers to stick on brick walls. In addition, when preparing stir-fried dishes, you should line the kitchen surface with tissue paper or oil-absorbent paper.
- When cooking, do not allow the oil to boil at a high temperature since it is not only unhealthy for your health, but also causes the oil to evaporate and adhere to the cabinet’s surface, resulting in a greasy sheen.
- Use tempered glass in the kitchen: Because the glass is level and smooth, you can quickly clear stains or grease.
- Use a hood: This equipment helps to clean the kitchen by absorbing dust, smoke, and oil formed during cooking.
How to clean kitchen cabinets with mild detergent
There are several products to clean kitchen cabinets available on the market today. However, before making a purchase, make sure that the components are compatible with the kitchen cabinet’s material, such as glass, wood, or stone. It’s ideal to use moderate, non-toxic detergents that won’t harm the skin on your hands or damage the paint on your wooden kitchen cabinets.
Cabinets coated with oil-based paint are more durable and wash up more easily than those painted with latex, or so-called “milk” or “chalk” paints. For oil-painted surfaces, using a soft nylon brush can help to loosen stubborn dirt, but don’t use these on latex or chalk paints, as the scrubbing required may result in the paint lifting or peeling.
- Mix 2 teaspoons of dish detergent with one gallon of warm water.
- Immerse a soft sponge in the water, then squeeze out the excess until just damp. Scrub the dirtiest parts first, then wipe down the remaining surfaces.
- Finally, use water to clean it up.
As with all cabinets, avoid using harsh detergents, abrasive cleaners, or metal scouring pads on painted surfaces, as they can scratch, dull, or mar the finish.
How to clean the kitchen cabinets with toothpaste
Surprise, toothpaste isn’t just for brushing your teeth, it can remove grease from your cabinets too. However, toothpaste alone isn’t enough, so you’ll need some baking soda as well. To make this grease-fighting concoction:
- Mix 1 cup of water, 1 teaspoon of white toothpaste, and 2 tablespoons of baking soda.
- Use your finger or a spoon to mix it well.
- Dip a sponge in the mixture and scrub down your cabinets.
- Rinse with a damp cloth until all residue is gone.
How to clean the kitchen cabinets with solid tea
One of the most efficient ways to clean wooden kitchen cabinets is with solid tea. To do so, create a strong cup of tea, set it aside to cool, and then wipe the cabinet’s surface with a soft cloth soaked in newly made tea. Clean 2 to 3 times more, then wipe with a dry cloth.
How to clean the kitchen cabinets with orange essential oil
This trick can keep your wooden kitchen cabinets clean while also leaving a lovely aroma in your kitchen. The procedure is straightforward: apply a few drops of orange essential oil on a clean cloth and wipe the whole surface of the kitchen cabinet.
You’ll feel as though your wooden kitchen cabinets have just been polished after washing them with orange essential oil. The grease will be removed from the wooden cabinet’s surface, and it will shine like new.
How to clean the kitchen cabinets inside using orange essential oil? Rub toothpaste along the wood grain or unclean areas with a toothbrush, then wipe it clean with a warm water-soaked towel.
Let try our Deep House Cleaning service
Whether you find yourself living in a grand mansion or a 400-square-feet apartment, deep house cleaning services are necessary once in a while to maintain your residence in an immaculate condition.
However, after a long week at work, thoroughly cleaning the whole house from top to bottom may be the last thing you want to deal with.
Sparkling and Beyond’s professional deep cleaning house services are dedicated to maintaining a pristine condition of your house, making sure your living space is kept at bay and allowing you to spend more time taking care of yourself and your beloved.
Our deep house cleaning services are highly recommended for houses or apartments that have not been professionally visited over 60 days. Professional deep cleaning house services keep your living space dirt-free by dusting off grime from your windows, removing scum and mildew from the bathtub, wiping away the grease accumulated in your kitchen area, etc.
Here is our deep cleaning house checklist:
- Dusting off grime from your windows
- Removing scum and mildew from the bathtub
- Wiping away the grease accumulated in your kitchen area,
- Removing reachable cobwebs, soap scum and mildew in the shower.
- Dusting all surfaces including ceiling fan, wall art, door, blind, window sills and
- Cleaning mirror
- Vacuuming floors, carpet and bath mats
- Mopping hard surface floors
- Clean and sanitise toilet area including toilet, countertops and sinks
- Polish fixtures and appliance exteriors
- Remove trash and reline trash can
- Wipe and dust counter tops and other appliances in the kitchen
- Spot clean cabinet fronts and microwave
- Change linen, make beds and dust headboard
If you’re looking for a professional cleaning service to help you with all of your cleaning issues at your house or your office, don’t hesitate to book our Deep cleaning service right away. With Sparkling and Beyond, your dirty kitchen cabinets or whatever unclean items in your home won’t be an issue anymore!
Hopefully, the tips that Sparkling and Beyond shared above will help you maintain and clean the kitchen cabinets wood to make it bright, and long-lasting. Try to clean the cabinet periodically about once a week!