Bathrooms are perfect breeding ground for built-up mold, germs and bacteria. They are humid, damp and often dark with limited air movement, which makes them become optimal environments for living organisms.
In addition, since bathrooms are used daily, they are in need of constant cleaning to keep bacteria at bay. Luckily, cleaning bathroom will be less labor-intensive and annoying with the support of a remarkably powerful cleaning solution – bleach. In this article, Sparkling and Beyond will share with you some easy-to-follow tips to effectively clean your bathroom with bleach.
Bleach dilution ratio chart
For general cleaning, 1/2 bleach per gallon of water is recommended, which is around a 1:30 dilution ratio. For restrooms, the EPA recommends a slightly stronger concentration of 3/4 cup bleach with one gallon of water. For bathroom cleaning, any dilution technique will work, but remember to use room temperature water and use the bleach solution immediately. A bleach and water solution has a short shelf life and eventually degrades into salt and water. Although tile in the bathroom is not too difficult to clean, we want to share with you the easiest and the most effective way to clean bathroom floors with bleach.
How to clean the bathroom floor with bleach in 7 steps ?
What you will need:
- A broom
- Bathroom cleaning bleach
- A mop
- An old towel ( optional )
- Step 1: Remove anything in your way of cleaning the floor like the rug, bath mats before you get to work.
- Step 2: Using a small broom to sweep the floor to get rid of hair and dust debris. A slightly damp towel will be very useful to pick up the collected dust pile.
- Step 3: Combine one cup of bleach with 2 gallons of water in a bucket to make a time-tested cleaning solution for the bathroom floor.
- Step 4: Dip the mop in the bucket and wring out the excess water. Evenly mopping the floor with a bleach solution. Make sure you move backward in the moping process so you don’t accidentally soil the moped area with your slippers’ marks.
- Step 5: Let the bleach solution sit for 5 minutes. During that time, rinse your mop thoroughly by dipping it in the rinse bucket. Wring out to remove as much dirty water as possible.
- Step 6: Mop over the entire floor with plain water. Work in a small area of the floor sequentially, one after the other until the entire floor is mopped with fresh clean water.
- Step 7: Let the floor air dry or you can speed up the drying process by wipe down the floor with an old towel.
How to effectively clean a toilet with bleach ?
Toilet is a cesspool of bacteria, fungus and yeast. Thus, what could be more fit for toilet cleaning than bleach which has a fantastic disinfectant effect ?
Before cleaning the toilet, don’t forget to put on rubber gloves.
What you will need:
- A empty spray bottle
- A toilet brush
- A cloth towel
- Step 1: Take out anything that is around your toilet because you definitely don’t want to stop mid- task to slowly take off your protective gloves and remove items that you should have removed before jumping into the cleaning task.
- Step 2: Preparing the cleaning solution by mixing one cup of bleach with one gallon of water in a bucket. Fill the mixture into the empty spray bottle.
- Step 3: Start with the exterior: Spray the cleaning solution onto the tank lid, seat lit, bowl rim, and the exterior of the entire tank. Using a cloth towel to wipe down the mixture-applied surface. Pay more attention to hard-reach corners and bacteria-magnet areas. (the back of the base and the underside of the seat)
- Step 4: After being done with the exterior of the toilet, you can move to the toilet bowl. Before cleaning the bowl, flush the toilet. Squirt the bleach into the toilet rim and allow it to run down into the toilet bowl. Let the solution sit in the bowl at least 30 minutes to get a desirable result.
- Step 5: After 30 minutes, scrub the toilet bowl with a brush thoroughly, including the underside of the rim. Flush the toilet and repeat this step until you feel your toilet bowl is completely clean.
How to effectively clean a bathroom sink with bleach ?
Things you will need:
- Clorox bleach
- A sponge
- A cloth towel
- A container
- Step 1: Use a sponge soaked in clean warm water to scrub the entire basin thoroughly. Try to scrub away easy-to-remove stains as much as possible in this step.
- Step 2: Before applying a cleaning solution, you need to rinse the sink to remove grime and dust that you just scrub away in step 1.
- Step 3: Mixing a cup of bleach with one gallon of water in a container. Use the sponge to apply the solution on the bathroom sink. Make sure the solution covers all parts of the sink. Let the solution sit there for about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Step 4: After 5 minutes, rinse the bathroom sink thoroughly with cold water and ensure you remove all of the bleach solution on the surface, then dry the sink by wiping it down with a cloth towel.
We hope this article is beneficial for you to clean your toilet effectively with bleach. If you enjoy this article, please leave a comment below, we would love to know how useful our articles are to readers. Visit our website to get to know a little bit more about us and what we can offer to get your home always nice and tidy!